Habitat for Humanity — Information Session
Thursday, January 18, 2018 at 7:00 PM and
Saturday, January 20, 2018 at 9:00 AM Edwardsville Public Library (Lower Level)
The Edwardsville/Glen Carbon Habitat for Humanity is looking for people who qualify for our assistance and would like to work toward owning their own home.
Habitat for Humanity facts:
- Habitat homes are not free.
- Habitat homes are simple and decent.
- Monthly mortgage payments are required to pay back the zero interest loan.
- Homeowners must pay property taxes and homeowners insurance.
- Resident of Madison County for previous 12 months.
- Unable to secure and/or maintain a conventional mortgage.
- Have at least one year of steady and verifiable income.
- Household income between 30% and 80% of Area Median Income as defined by HUD.
- Willing to work 200 volunteer hours.
Financial Qualification Guidelines:
Family size Annual Income between:
1 $12,550 – 33,400
2 $14,350 – 38,200
3 $16,100 – 42,950
4 $17,900 – 47,700
5 $19,350 – 51,550
6 $20,745 – 55,350
If you are close to these guidelines, please apply!
For additional information about qualifying for a Habitat for Humanity home, please call Greg Erspamer at 618-978-7863 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.