Lead with Habitat
We cannot build homes without the help of leaders who provide guidance and oversight. If you have leadership experience, or are looking to gain some, we want your help. Read below to find a committee right for you.
- Helps the board develop a marketing strategy for the chapter.
- Sends press releases concerning all aspects of the chapter to appropriate media outlets.
- Develops positive relationships with local media contacts to help raise local awareness.
- Gives speeches to local community organizations about the mission of Habitat in our service area.
- Attends community events in an effort to generate awareness and support for the chapter.
- Coordinates and oversees website, social media and newsletter development.
Barb & Keith Anderson
- Schedules house builds.
- Presents the board with progress reports at chapter meetings.
- Works with volunteer coordination team to ensure appropriate levels of volunteer help is on hand.
- Works to get skilled contractors to donate time and/or materials to help reduce costs.
- Coordinates necessary materials and skilled contractors for build.
- Contacts and establishes partnership with churches in the service area.
- Presents Habitat and its goals to members of each congregation and pastoral staff.
- Establishes and works with a point of contact for each church that can assist in communicating and coordinating events.
- Listens to understand partner family situations and issues.
- Advocates for the family while maintaining allegiance to Habitat.
- Assists partner family in finding services that promote family development.
- Provides guidance in setting up a household budget, basic home maintenance, neighborliness, accountability and more.
- Helps the partner family track and maintain account of required “sweat equity” hours.
- Maintains monthly contact with the partner family offering assistance and emotional support.
- Oversees the family selection process.
- Coordinates with the public relations team to advertise the chapter’s intentions to select a partner family.
- Collects and reviews application packages.
- Manages the schedule of family home visits.
- Presents partner family recommendations for board approval.
- Plans, coordinates and executes fundraising events.
- Explores grant writing.
- Coordinates with volunteer team to schedule for events.
- Provides fundraising updates at monthly chapter meetings.
- Coordinates with public relations team to publicize fundraising events.
- Meets and communicates with people interested in getting involved with the chapter.
- Coordinates with the board and other team leaders to help new members get involved with the chapter.
- Works with public relations team to communicate to the public when volunteers are needed.
- Works with building team to organize labor volunteers.
- Works with other teams as needed to coordinate volunteers.
- Looks for appropriate lots for chapter to acquire through donation or at minimal expense.
- Reviews necessary steps in acquiring possible lots.
- Reports to the board on possible lots and what is necessary to acquire each if selected.